Alaska Brown Bears Photo Tour
September 11 – 17, 2020 : $5849pp based on double occupancy
Come face to face with the brown bears of coastal Alaska on this autumn tour in one of the world’s best spots for close-up bear photography!
Join Max in Lake Clark National Park as we search for Alaska Peninsula brown bears as they fatten up for winter. We’ll watch and photograph bears as they search for lingering salmon at the end of the spawning run and graze on coastal grasses and other vegetation. This is one of the best spots for close, safe bear viewing on foot, as the bears are concentrating on their abundant food supply in preparation for winter. Participants on this trip do not need a mega lens to get close shots of these spectacular creatures.
Bears are the main focus of this trip, which is largely based at one of only two coastal lodges in this spot (and the only one still open at this time of year). However, we’ll be on the lookout for other wildlife as well. Other possibly subjects include red fox, the elusive gray wolf, Bald eagles and other bird life.
This tour includes a bonus overnight trip to Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park, where we’ll participate in a day-long wildlife outing by boat. Potential subjects include sea otters, whales, orcas and other marine wildlife.
This is a photo adventure, emphasizing exploration and photography in the field rather than classwork. Max will be there to shoot alongside you and help provide optional instruction and tips on photography. This photo tour is a great fit for anyone from amateurs to professionals looking to photograph bears at close range on the beautiful Alaska coast. This tour is limited to five guests, allowing for a more comfortable shooting environment and more one-on-one attention from your guides.
- Your lodge stay in Lake Clark National Park, including all food and guiding while there.
- Seward/Kenai Fjords marine photography excursion.
- 1 Night Lodging in Anchorage on September 11.
- 1 Night Lodging in Seward on September 12.
- Road transfers between Anchorage/Seward and Seward/Soldotna/Anchorage.
- Charter Flights to/from Lake Clark NP
What is NOT Included in the Price of Your Trip
- Flights to/from Alaska
- Meals before/after our stay in Lake Clark NP
- Tips/Gratuities for staff, drivers and guides
- Lodging on September 17, should you choose to stay in Anchorage overnight before catching flights home.
- Single Lodging Supplement (TBD)
$5849US per person, based on double occupancy
Single lodging supplement price to be determined.
This tour is limited to five guests. There is currently 1 spot left. We do have two single travelers (one male, one female) on this trip who may be interested in sharing lodging if there’s someone out there who would like to avoid the single supplement fee.